Babford & Company AssociateParnter – East Africa
Expertise: East Africa Business and Project Development, Public Private Partnerships, Funding Strategies and Project Finance
Region: Kenya & East Africa
Cooperation: Project Sourcing, Market Entry, Project & Business Development, Transactions
- 20 years of experience in project finance, affordable housing development, management consulting and investment management. Consulted with a variety of public and private sector clients in the US and internationally; provided project finance and deal structuring advisory services to large infrastructure projects.
- Current: Founder of Babford & Company
- Prior: Director of Development for the Housing Authority Pittsburg(HACP): financial and development consultant to affordable housing projects.; Head of HACP energy conservation initiative for integration of geothermal heating.
- Prior: Private sector consultant, credit risk analysis for small business lending portfolio of PA Minority Business Development Agency.
- Prior: Bond portfolio manager with Mellon Bond Associates, subsidiary of Mellon Bank: trading of fixed in come instruments for fortune 500 clients. Specialist in asset backed securities.
- Education: Mscin Public Policy & Finance from Carnegy-Mellon University; BA in Economics from Howard University.
- Citizen of Kenya, US and Bulgaria, living in Nairobi and US.
- Network: US, East Africa, Europe